Joseph A. Ledwidge Esq.
Attorney Joseph A. Ledwidge has assisted clients throughout New York, the rest of the United States and internationally for more than a decade. The focus of his practice is Probate Law and the Administration of Decedents’ estates;
Mr Ledwidge wrote course materials and lectured to Lawyers on “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Litigating a Case in Probate Court,” hosted by the New York City Bar Association for which he was highly reviewed.
Probate Court regularly appoints Mr. Ledwidge as a Guardian ad Litem in various litigation matters to serve and protect the interests of persons who are unable to legally represent themselves.
Being conscious of the continued hardship that families are facing, Mr. Ledwidge is particularly sensitive to the need for keeping legal fees reasonable. His firm offers creative financing solutions to respond to the various situations his clients might be confronted with. This includes, among other arrangements, extended payment plans and contingency payments, made at the successful conclusion of a trial or settlement of the case.
Mr. Ledwidge earned his Law Degree, from, Thames Valley University, London, UK in 1996 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1998.
Areas of Practice
- Trusts and Estates
- Family Law
- General Litigation
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1998
- Thames Valley University School of Law, London, England
- LL.B. – 1996
- Honors: With Honors
- Hammersmith and West London College
- H.N.C. – 1987
- Major: Business and Finance
- Everything You Need to Know About Litigating IN. , New York City Bar Association
- Surrogate’s Courts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Queens Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2010
- Queens County Bar Association, 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Queens Supreme Court, Guardian Ad Litem
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Forestdale, Inc., a child welfare agency
- Queens Volunteer Legal Project